Testimonies of astral projections, out-of-body experiences (OBE) and near-death experiences (NDE) abound, both within and outside Christianity. Many interpret these experiences as evidence that consciousness persists after a person's spirit departs from the body. Of course, this cannot be the case if Christian mortalism (a.k.a. 'soul sleep') is true.
Question: How do 'soul sleep' adherents make sense of the abundant reports of astral projections, out-of-body experiences (OBE) and near-death experiences (NDE) both within and outside Christianity?
- A very insightful article on these experiences: Science, Medicine, and Near Death Experiences © May 2015 Robert J. Spitzer, S.J., Ph.D. Magis Center of Reason and Faith
- Doctors' give scientific evidence for the afterlife from near death experiences (NDEs)
- Neuroscientist Sees 'Proof of Heaven' in Week-Long Coma
- Eben Alexander, Neurologist and Author Talks About His Dying & the Afterlife
- Near Death Experience - Wayne Fowler Dies and Meets Jesus Face to Face