In order to have a well-rounded understanding of the arguments for and against a historical resurrection of Jesus, what would be a comprehensive list of must-read scholarly books defending its historicity and scholarly books denying it?
To get us started, here are some books I'm aware of:
- The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus (link)
- The Fate of the Apostles: Examining the Martyrdom Accounts of the Closest Followers of Jesus (link)
- Evidence for the Resurrection (link)
- The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (link)
- On the Historicity of Jesus: Why We Might Have Reason for Doubt (link)
- Jesus Before the Gospels: How the Earliest Christians Remembered, Changed, and Invented Their Stories of the Savior (link)
Both for and against:
- Resurrection: Faith or Fact?: A Scholars' Debate Between a Skeptic and a Christian (link)
Are there other relevant books worth keeping in mind?