The practice of praying for the sick, anointing them with oil, is based on James 5:13-18 (ESV):
13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. 18 Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit.
But what about diseases which are incurable for modern medicine?
Some obvious examples off the top of my head are blindness, deafness, Down Syndrome, etc. Other examples taken from this article https://www.pharmatutor.org/pharmapedia/top-incurable-diseases-in-medical-science-cancer-asthma-hiv-aids-common-cold-polio-ebola-influenza include:
- Lupus Erythematosus
- Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease
- Diabetes Mellitus
Do any Christian groups pray for the sick to get healed of these and other incurable diseases for modern medicine?
- Are there or have there been Christian healing ministries that have documented healing cases with supporting medical records?
- Have any healings during modern revivals been medically confirmed?
- Do Cessationists reject Lee Strobel and Craig S. Keener's books collating modern-day miracle reports?
- Are there any healing ministries backed by a large number of testimonies reporting the healing of incurable (or hardly curable) diseases?