Protestants accept the doctrine of faith alone. If they accept the doctrine of free-will, how do they reconcile James 2:20-24 faith is dead without works, since works to do good is a free- will of man.
- But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
- Was not Abraham our father justified by works, offering up Isaac his son upon the altar?
- Seest thou that faith did cooperate with his works and by works faith was made perfect?
- And the scripture was fulfilled, saying: Abraham believed God, and it was reputed to him to justice, and he was called the friend of God.
- Do you see that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only?