What is a kingdom? It is primarily a king and his subjects, and only secondarily about a territory that is possessed. When you pray for the Kingdom to come:
1) You are asking for the King to come.
2) You are probing for any source of rebellion against that King in your heart and praying for a change of heart that it might cease.
3) You are praying that God will cause that kingdom to grow in extent by converting more rebels to the cause.
4) You are consenting to be an agent of the King to assist in accomplishing that goal.
5) You are praying that those in rebellion fail in their attempts to persuade loyal subjects to rebel.
6) You are praying that this process begin right now, while you ands those for whom you pray still live, instead of waiting until it is too late to change your mind and behavior.
Luke 17 says:
nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the
kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”
Before you can get into the kingdom, you need for the kingdom to get into you.