Supralapsarians believe that God chose which individuals to save logically prior to the decision to allow the race to fall and that the Fall serves as the means of realization of that prior decision to send some individuals to hell and others to heaven (that is, it provides the grounds of condemnation in the reprobate and the need for salvation in the elect).
Also from wikipedia Logical order of God's decree
- Save some and condemn others
- Create the elect and the reprobate
- Authorize the Fall (by which all deserve to be condemned)
- Provide salvation only for the elect
In my understanding - "to save and to condemn" need a preceding logical order (in mind) that there must be something to save and to condemn.
The question : why the logical order in Supralapsarian like 1, 2, 3 above ? Isn't that the proper logical order is (in the mind) to (1) have something plural (create), and then the next order (2) want/will from those something plural, some are saved and some are condemned, and then (3) choose/elect which names that are saved and which names that are condemned.
Another source from this link:
- the election of some men to salvation in Christ (and the reprobation of the others)
- the decree to create the world and both kinds of men
- the decree that all men would fall
- the decree to redeem the elect, who are now sinners, by the cross work of Christ
- the decree to apply Christ's redemptive benefits to these elect sinners
Can someone please explain how to elect something when there is nothing to be elected ? Wouldn't it we need number zero (0) in our mind there is Cain Abel Esau Jacob Mary Josef Moses Abraham Judas etc etc etc. Then next thing is (1) I want Cain Esau Judas to be in hell and I want Mary Josef Moses Jacob Abraham to be with me.