Here are the facts as far I know:
- Jesus must have been born between 4 and 6 B.C. to precede Herod.
- Jesus's ministry begins when He was about 30 years of age
- He engages in a 3-3.5 year ministry
- He is crucified under Pontius Pilate
- He therefore lives to be around 33 and a half years old
Therefore, shouldn't the year of His death be around 28-29 A.D.?
Why does Wikipedia state:
The crucifixion of Jesus occurred in 1st century Judea, most probably between the years 30 and 33 AD.
Is there that much ambiguity as to the "about"?
I realize there is further complication because Luke states that the "15th year of Tiberius's reign" is when John the Baptist begins to preach. Moreover, there is no scholarly consensus as to whether Luke marks the beginning of Tiberius's reign to when Tiberius was co-regent with Augustus (11 A.D.) or when he takes full possession of power (August of 14 A.D.)
What is the scholarly consensus as to how to how these dates are synthesized?