From my understanding and study, here are some of their main teachings:
- God wants us to be prosperous in this life (health, wealth, relationships etc)
- If we don't receive we don't have enough faith (faith is a like a force)
- we are little gods; we have creative power to speak things into reality (i.e think positively and that thing will come to pass - often related to success) (name it, claim it)
- Jesus was tortured in hell/hades by demons, for 3 days to atone for our sin (the cross wasn't the end of his suffering.
- There are some other niches of teaching within these doctrines I simply can't remember currently (these are the main ones above)
From listening to some of these preachers they do use verses to back up their claims; are these actually what the bible says, or are they being twisted?
I do have my own thoughts about the truth of these teachings, however I am not going to include them, as I still want to neutrally approach the topic/question.