- Theistic evolution puts death before sin. According to the Bible, animals died as a result of man's rebellion.
- The Biblical record shows a different order of creation than evolution. Evolution holds the order: Fish, Amphibians, Reptiles, Mammals. The creation record disagrees.
- Theistic evolution generally would hold man to be at the end of a long process of evolution. The Bible says man was created special, out of the dust.
- The DNA is said to have evolved, mutated, and grown. The amount of information encoded in our DNA is enormous. The ability to differentiate between species (Biblically "kinds") is built into the DNA framework itself, but this is not additional genetic information, simply doing what the DNA already is. For evolution to work, it must create the information from nothing. The order of information science makes this impossible. There has never been a beneficial mutation recorded.
- Darwin himself said that if it were true, there would be innumerable transitional forms. The fossil record, after 150 years since Darwin, shows none. Every so called intermediate form of man is proven a hoax. After 150years, its time to concede that while there MUST be innumerable transitional forms, there are none. A single fossil would not even suffice. You cannot prove it even had kids.
- Numerous astronomical facts point to a young earth, not the long span required for gap theory nor theistic evolution. Consider a few: polonium halos (www.halos.org), the magnetic field of the Earth is slowly degrading-zA time frame of billions would make it too strong to sustain life. The moon is slowly getting further away--the rate of slip over anything more than about 10k years puts it on top of us. Lack of star births or mechanism for it to happen--we see novas and super novas, star deaths, but given the rate of their observation, we have never seen one formed nor have any model for how it could happen. The only theory is 10 exploding stars might form one. That is not a viable source for ignition of the universe. Dr Walt Brown demonstrates that, due to the flood, the Earth is destabilized. Magma above a certain depth rises to the surface, while below that depth, it sinks in the mantle. The core is becoming destabilized at that crushing depth.
- The layers of strata, the hallmark of evolution (besides the fossils themselves) do not necessarily speak of ages of time. Rather, hydrological sorting during the flood could account for all of them. For example, when Mt. ST Helen erupted in the 80s, a river was blocked by a mudflow. After water built up behind it, it broke overnight and created the "little Grand Canyon" (YouTube it). This smaller canyon, created out of sight in darkness over 8 hours or less was complete with strata layers not laid down over millions of years, but in one mud flow. The twists and turns and hundred foot cliffs were carved in relatively short time (hours), not millions of years. The strata seen across the world better fits the Biblical account of the flood, than the idea that each layer of rock being hundreds of thousands of years. The concept of the ages of rocks was made up without scientific basis in the 1800s, and radiometric dating is based wholly upon the basis of the nonscientific need for it to be so. Things like Carbon-14 dating, as well as the others, have many assumptions, any one of which could cause an invalid or misread result.
There are many, many more reasons. These are only a handful of ones as to why evolution fails in general, let alone why theistic evolution fails.
If you are interested in more depth to answers, consider going to YouTube and searching for names lIke Dr. Walt Brown and his hydroplate theory. Dr Kent Hovind's creation seminars (also search for 'young earth').
If you want to get closer to a scholarly source, consider organizations such as ICR, Institute for Creation Research, which has regular FREE magazines with scholarly content representing the leading edge of creation research (and, hence, young earth/anti-theistic evolution).
Additionally, you could check out David Rives and his show, Creation in the 21st century on TBN (also YouTube and FB) for both new finds as well as additional resources. Also, the new series of DVDs from ICR, "Unlocking the Mysteries of Genesis" presents the literal Biblical account for creation in a twelve 1/2 hr DVD series aimed for the millennials. You can find the first video available free online, as an introduction.
A thorough, exhaustive list, of course, is not possible, but this covers the basis for it. At its heart, after sifting through many layers of misinformation (such as the notion of "gill slits" in embryos, a notion still taught today in public schools as true despite being disproved as a complete fraud 150 years ago, and the many hoaxes of "missing links", the direct evidence for evolution is surprisingly slim, in my opinion.
One could answer the question, where is the scholarly evidence FOR evolution, if one wanted, but that would be a much larger debate.