This question have a bunch of subquestions. Not sure whether I should split that.
People in Canae are drinking "Oinos" (which could mean wine/beer/grape juice). The party goers seem to prepare enough drink. Yet, the guests drink enough to deplete all "Oinos".
Jesus then went on manufacturing even half a ton Oinos.
The party leader told patron, that people usually serve the good Oinos first. Once people are "Methuo" (i.e. drunk), they give the bad Oinos. Yet the patron gave the good Oinos last.
The word Methuo means drunk. However, it's miraculously translated as "have drunk freely" or have "drunk satisfiedly" in various bible translation for reasons beyond me. Some bible translations correctly translate that as were drunk.
- Did Jesus produce non alcoholic or alcoholic beverage?
- Do parties at that time serve alcoholic or non alcoholic beverage?
- Was there anyone getting drunk at the party?
- If some people are already drunk, why Jesus produces more wine?
- If no body at a party was drunk, how was that accomplished? Did Jesus create another miracle making everyone sobber?
- Why many bible translations translate methuo as "have drunk freely" instead of "was drunk"?
Basically it's one simple question. Did Jesus help drunk people get even more drunk? If the answer is yes, then we got issue of whether getting drunk is sin or not. If the answer is no, then we got a lot to explain there.