I am kinda confused about prophets. I've searched a lot, but still I can't find an appropriate answer.
Was Noah a prophet?
and if he was;
Christianity Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for committed Christians, experts in Christianity and those interested in learning more. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
He was a prophet by the time of Peter and therefore a prophet in the Bible:
2 Peter 2:5 NIV
If he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
In the Torah, the word "נָבִיא" is used to describe him.
In Hebrew, the word נָבִיא (navi), "spokesperson", traditionally translates as "prophet".
Was Noah a prophet? Yes
Was he prophesied in the bible or Torah? He was prophesied in the Torah and continued into the Bible.
and by clear definition:
- a person who speaks for God or a deity, or by divine inspiration.
- a. a person chosen to speak for God and to guide the people of Israel: Moses was the greatest of Old Testament prophets. b. ( often initial capital letter ) one of the Major or Minor Prophets. c. one of a band of ecstatic visionaries claiming divine inspiration and, according to popular belief, possessing magical powers. d. a person who practices divination.
- one of a class of persons in the early church, next in order after the apostles, recognized as inspired to utter special revelations and predictions. 1 Cor. 12:28.
- the Prophet, Muhammad, the founder of Islam.
- a person regarded as, or claiming to be, an inspired teacher or leader.
Please note that any one can be the mouthpiece of God at any giving period of time and that is called the manifestation of God;note Saul prophesied in 1Samuel and the people said "is Saul also amongst the prophets"? that did not qualify Saul. Note that a preacher may not be a prophet; Noah was a preacher(2pt.2:5). One message for 120 years, God will send a rain, repent, and the way of escape is that you MUST get in the boot. Qualification of a prophet is that: you must be call from your mother's womb by God(Jeremiah 1:5) and Apostles, Galatians 1:15. Let us not add to the word, neither can we subtract from it.