I am kinda confused about prophets. I've searched a lot, but still I can't find an appropriate answer.
Was Noah a prophet?
and if he was;
He was a prophet by the time of Peter and therefore a prophet in the Bible:
2 Peter 2:5 NIV
If he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
In the Torah, the word "נָבִיא" is used to describe him.
In Hebrew, the word נָבִיא (navi), "spokesperson", traditionally translates as "prophet".
Was Noah a prophet? Yes
Was he prophesied in the bible or Torah? He was prophesied in the Torah and continued into the Bible.
and by clear definition:
- a person who speaks for God or a deity, or by divine inspiration.
- a. a person chosen to speak for God and to guide the people of Israel: Moses was the greatest of Old Testament prophets. b. ( often initial capital letter ) one of the Major or Minor Prophets. c. one of a band of ecstatic visionaries claiming divine inspiration and, according to popular belief, possessing magical powers. d. a person who practices divination.
- one of a class of persons in the early church, next in order after the apostles, recognized as inspired to utter special revelations and predictions. 1 Cor. 12:28.
- the Prophet, Muhammad, the founder of Islam.
- a person regarded as, or claiming to be, an inspired teacher or leader.
Yes, Noah was a prophet. He was the mediator between God and people. God told him about the flood that was to come. He told the people, but they did not believe. So Noah was definitely a prophet from God Almighty.
Please note that any one can be the mouthpiece of God at any giving period of time and that is called the manifestation of God;note Saul prophesied in 1Samuel and the people said "is Saul also amongst the prophets"? that did not qualify Saul. Note that a preacher may not be a prophet; Noah was a preacher(2pt.2:5). One message for 120 years, God will send a rain, repent, and the way of escape is that you MUST get in the boot. Qualification of a prophet is that: you must be call from your mother's womb by God(Jeremiah 1:5) and Apostles, Galatians 1:15. Let us not add to the word, neither can we subtract from it.