The below is pulled from The Araonic Priesthood Manual 3: Lesson 1 The Godhead
Jesus Christ is—
- The Firstborn Son of Heavenly Father in the spirit.
- The Only Begotten Son of Heavenly Father in the flesh.
- The Creator of heaven and earth under Heavenly Father’s direction.
- The Savior and Redeemer of mankind.
- Mormons believe we are all the spirit children of Heavenly Father, Jesus is our older brother in spirit.
- Kind of self explanatory
- If the Godhead means 3 distinct Individuals, one of them was responsible for the physical creation of the earth. Going further on this point would be a whole different answer.
- This is, as far as I know, the common denominator among all christian denominations.
So that is who the Mormons believe he is, as far as created, Mormons believe all spirits are created, thus given #1 above, Heavenly Father Created Jesus. I would like to note though that from what I have learned the definition of Created to a Mormon is a bit different than to many other christian groups.
As far as eternal, President Ezra Taft Benson 13th President of the LDS Church said
"Life is eternal. We are eternal beings." If we are eternal then Jesus is Eternal.