There are some things I've been told since I was kid that I'd like to ask about regarding fasting. I'm a Catholic Maronit. Therefore I'd like Chatholic answers.
- Are we allowed to eat whatever we want on Sundays? I've been taught not to fast on Sundays, therefore we can eat whatever we want on Sundays all day long.
- Are we allowed to drink? I've been told that we can drink water, only Muslims don't drink water while fasting. Some Christians do it, but it's optional.
- Is Saturday or Sunday the last day of lent? I believe it's Sunday, meaning you cannot eat on holy Saturday, my friend is a Catholic too and he believes that he can eat on Saturday.
- What about fish and egg? I don't eat meat in the first and last week. however, I eat fish and eggs. Is it allowed? I've been told so.
- And Finally I want to ask about a quotation. In Arabic we have a quotation that says "Those who don't fast holy Saturday go to hell", something like that. Is there anything like that, going to hell because you didn't fast a day or two or Saturday or Sunday whatever? Or is it some hoax created by some guy. I mean does the church or the bible mention anything like that?