He was a prophet by the time of Peter and therefore a prophet in the Bible:
2 Peter 2:5 NIV
If he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its
ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and
He was also a Prophet in Judaism since:
In Hebrew, the word נָבִיא (navi), "spokesperson", traditionally
translates as "prophet".
Was Noah a prophet? Yes
Was he prophesied in the bible or Torah? He was prophesied in the Torah and continued into the Bible.
and by clear definition:
- a person who speaks for God or a deity, or by divine inspiration.
- a. a person chosen to speak for God and to guide the people of Israel: Moses was the greatest of Old Testament prophets.
b. ( often
initial capital letter ) one of the Major or Minor Prophets. c. one of
a band of ecstatic visionaries claiming divine inspiration and,
according to popular belief, possessing magical powers. d. a person
who practices divination.
- one of a class of persons in the early church, next in order after the apostles, recognized as inspired to utter special revelations and
predictions. 1 Cor. 12:28.
- the Prophet, Muhammad, the founder of Islam.
- a person regarded as, or claiming to be, an inspired teacher or leader.